- Job Identity
The Job identity module retrieves Talend job-related information.
- Project name
- Job name
- Talend version
- Last retrieval date
- Job path
- Job version
- Job description
- JVM arguments
- Components used.
- Development quality
- Context variables used
- Metadata used
- Joblets used
- Child jobs used
- Routines used
- Best practice
This module allows retrieving quality metrics with more details.
The search can be performed by :
- Jobs / job prefix
- Talend developer
- Modification period (calendar)
The quality KPIs that we propose are as follows :
- Number of jobs with at least one component without “die_on_error”
- Difference between connection openings and closings
- Number of jobs with at least one tMap having 4 or more lookups
- Minimum of 3 jobs with 3 expressions in OUTPUT
- Rows in 4 jobs using PERSISTENCE
- Number of jobs with at least one component without “Use Existing Connection”
- Number of jobs with at least one hardcoded value
- Number of jobs not using implicit context
- Number of jobs with only default names on all components
- Number of jobs without at least 3 sections (sub-jobs) with a specified name
- Number of jobs with JVM arguments
- Usage of unreferenced metadata by project
- Usage of tLogRow components per job
- Usage of fields in tMap components
- Number of routines per job
- Usage of context variables in jobs
- List of child jobs with “die on child error” function
- Number of child jobs per job
A scoring system is based on the following KPIs to calculate the development quality score. It also provides an observation and recommendation on the detected development anomalies.
- Kpi Resume
A table showing the trend of development quality.
- Kpi On Demande
The “KPI On Demand” feature allows the client to design their own custom KPI.